Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Balthazar Vest

Despite some rather ominous blog posts, project notes, and pattern comments on Ravelry, I decided to give Wen Len Chia's Balthazar vest a shot. 

A friend of mine and fellow knitter with better taste than I recently gave me over 1,000 yards of chunky yarn in a delightful two-tone twisty green color. Despite my project backlog and overflowing stash, I HAD to make something with this gorgeous yarn. I had the yarn for all of a day before I broke out Twinkle's Big City Knits, held two strands together, and casted on.

Thanks to the gigantic needles and super chunky yarn, I was able to get this project off my needles in just two days!

I highly recommend giving this pattern a try, but maybe not for the inexperienced knitter. I made at least a dozen spontaneous modifications that I unfortunately didn't write down. I also decided to cast on for a small because the extra small seemed like it would be better suited to a preteen than to a tiny adult.

Pictures will be uploaded in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment